What exactly is Coaching?
"The ICF (International Coach Federation) defines Coaching as partnering with clients in a thought-provoking process that inspires them to maximize their personal and professional potential. ...Standing on this foundation, the Coach's responsibility is to:
- Discover, clarify, and align with what the client wants to achieve;
- Encourage client self-discovery;
- Elicit client-generated solutions and strategies; and
- Hold the client responsible and accountable."
Professional coaches provide an ongoing partnership designed to help you become more knowledgeable - more effective – more fulfilled in both your personal and professional life. An effective coach will help you improve your business performance and enhance the quality of your life in general.
Who benefits the most from Coaching?
Coaching is a powerful process that is both effective for individuals as well as teams. As a rule, those that benefit most from Coaching are:
- Open to receiving and exploring objective feedback and transforming that feedback into action;
- Willing to change the habits, attitudes, and behaviors that block personal or professional success;
- Open to unlocking confidential issues and working to find the solution that is in keeping with their values, inherent strengths, and "unique" abilities;
- Embracing a partnership that is built on trust, openness, and transparency;
- Excited & motivated about what the coaching experience reveals;
- Comfortable with both asking themselves and responding to the tough questions.
What is my specific approach to coaching?
Purposeful dialogue is at the heart of every coaching conversation. When we work together, there are three "guiding principles" that form the basis of the coaching engagement:
- We work at identifying what you value in both work and life in general and try to understand what gaps might exist in terms of what you are doing now & where you want to be;
- We work diligently in helping you discover your natural strengths, talents, or "unique contributions" that will help you propel forward and close these gaps;
- We discover inherent limitations and strategize how you either overcome them or minimize their impact.
What types of topics do you coach individuals on?
My experience has been that when people are using coaching services in either their personal or professional lives, they tend to want Coaching that will:
- Facilitate a successful transition to a new job or different organization
- Act as a sounding board for their new ideas, approaches, or decisions
- Help develop their leadership capabilities
- Address a limitation that is preventing them from being effective
- Help refine a skill such as communication, conflict resolution, presentation, etc.
- Help them find a work/life balance.
Tony uses his 30 years plus of varied business, facilitation, training, and consulting experience, plus his straightforward and down-to-earth style to help coach you to the next level of success.
Contact me today for a no-obligation discussion of your organization's coaching needs. Please note that this service can be delivered both in-person and/or virtually.